Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Making the Most of Our First Unemployed Weekend

We actually did some stuff this weekend…yay.  Usually, during the weekends, we are trying so hard just to get little things done around the house and just constantly looking for time between handing the baby off and making sure Savion gets some one on one time that we rarely get a chance to really do much on our weekends.  Well, that all changed last week.  My husband got laid off unfortunately.  Besides being an incredible artist, he is actually in the oil/gas industry and if you see the gas prices you know it must be bad.  Usually it seems to happen every two years, but this time we are really going to try and reinvent our lives.  Tony (my hubby) really and truly hates his job.  We have been fortunate that it has served us well, but I know that his true happiness does not lie behind a desk.  He is so talented and we both have so many dreams so this is the perfect opportunity to see if we can actually make something work.  If not…well, hopefully the industry picks up soon.  But for now, I have an awesome babysitter, I get to paint more, and we both get to spend more quality time together and with the kiddos.  And I hear if your home gets foreclosed on they usually do physically drag you out of it for about a year (it won't get to that hopefully).  So, I can either feel sorry for myself and totally freak out, or I can make the best of it, and that's what I am choosing to do.  Here are a few pics of us enjoying our first jobless/survival/happpier weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment